When ICED EARTH founder Jon Schaffer sets his mind to something, it happens. Ten years after the release of the “Something Wicked” Trilogy on the album SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, a dream is finally being realized with the release of FRAMING ARMAGEDDON (SOMETHING WICKED PART I), ICED EARTH’s new studio album.
The amazing story had been lying in wait for the day it could be told. A musical soundscape, a soundtrack, even a concept album. But Schaffer notes, “I wanted to create an album where the tracks could also stand alone. I hope that the fans will really sit down and read the lyrics and look at the artwork while they’re listening to it, but that’s not always the reality. Every song has to be an ICED EARTH track that you can listen to in your car and just enjoy the music. The music evokes the emotion.”
And the emotional tale told here is a roller coaster ride for the listener. It’s a heavy metal sci-fi thriller of epic proportions, propelling one through a tale of evil and tragic loss, as well as the deception, patience and belief it takes to plan a reckoning. And all the while, we’re swept into the idea that our world is not as it seems. It’s actually not ours at all.
“It’s extremely difficult to sum up the story in a few words.” says Jon. “I can talk about it and go into detail about it for hours.”
- Overture [Music: Schaffer]
- Something Wicked (Part 1) [Music/Lyrics: Schaffer]
- Invasion [Music: Schaffer]
- Motivation of Man [Music/Lyrics: Schaffer]
- Setian Massacre [Music/Lyrics: Schaffer]
- A Charge to Keep [Music/Lyrics: Schaffer]
- Reflections [Music: Schaffer/Mills. Lyrics: Schaffer]
- Ten Thousand Strong [Music/Lyrics: Schaffer]
- Execution [Music: Schaffer]
- Order of the Rose [Music/Lyrics: Schaffer]
- Cataclysm [Music: Schaffer]
- The Clouding [Music/Lyrics: Schaffer]
- Infiltrate and Assimilate [Music: Schaffer/Mills. Lyrics: Schaffer]
- Retribution Through the Ages [Music/Lyrics: Schaffer]
- Something Wicked (Part 2) [Music: Schaffer]
- The Domino Decree [Music: Schaffer/Owens. Lyrics: Schaffer]
- Framing Armageddon [Music/Lyrics: Schaffer]
- When Stars Collide (Born is He) [Music/Lyrics: Schaffer]
- The Awakening [Music: Schaffer]
- Jon Schaffer | Rhythm, Bass, and Lead Guitar, Backing Vocals
- Tim Owens | Lead Vocals
- Brent Smedley | Drums
- Troy Seele | Guitar
Soaring Eagle Sound - Indiana, USA. February and March 2007 .
Produced by Jim Morris and Jon Schaffer.
Engineered by Jim Morris.
Cover Art by Nathan Perry and Felipe Machado Franco. Interior Booklet Art by Nathan Perry, David Newman-Stump, Felipe Franco Machado. Layout by Felipe Franco Machado. Iced Earth logo designed by Jon Schaffer.
Additional information on this release including guest musicians can be found in the jackets and sleeves accompanying the officially released CD/vinyl copies.